Anyway, the weather was kind - although it rained all the evening and night of his burial which suited my mood. (I got soaked trying to find the recommended smoking lounge on the edge of town, it was asking about this earlier that triggered the tears, so I could have a memorial merlot and cigar - only to find it was closed. A closer restaurant, which didn't mind me dripping all over their floor, was able to oblige.)
And the rain gave way to blue skies the next day with a little mist in the distance as I walked around the lake as far as Paradiso. It was a lovely promenade, but made me sad as our only roleplay together involved our characters taking a walk, arm in arm. The lake has a jet - not as big as the one in Geneva, but something to walk towards. I also stopped to see a church with frescos painted by a student of Da Vinci, as well as some interesting public art in the little squares that make up the higgledy-piggledy jigsaw of roads for the town. Oh - and I stopped for gelati - because even though it was winter, gelati makes all things better!
For now. Aveline. xxx
What spectacular photos! Very moving blog. Louisa x
ReplyDelete