Monday, 21 October 2013

Lights, Action...

After the delayed flight, I had one brisk Sunday evening in Lima. Unbelievably Hiroaka - because you expect a traditional Japanese department store in Peru (!) - was open until 8pm (and my transfer driver was a lovely chatty fellow called Pablo who tipped me off to said store which he said would be cheap), and so now I have a little Olympus camera (for $100). Not much to work with, but here's a Peruvian Sunset taken from my balcony this evening.





We have spent an easy day on the road travelling south to Paracas, which is just as well as I was so tired - slept 11 hours last night and snoozed a bit on the bus also. I think the visit to the Pisco Bodega probably contributed to the bus snoozing too. ;-)  The desert is so sparse and brown and presents a vista of hills of brown nothingness. As the houses are made of bricks from the same earth, they all blend into the same horizon. It rains maybe once a year here, apparently. Really a desert

When we got here, I had a lovely swim in the pool all by myself (the water was icy cold!) and then updated the blog a bit sitting on the balcony, enjoying the sun and the view of our little oasis here.


 We have an early start tomorrow - out to an island where we have been promised the prospect of seeing seals and penguins, and then more bus travel to Nazca (by the way the swish silver bus parked near the dining hall in the photo above is ours). I have booked in for the small airplane flight above the Nazca lines in the desert, so hope to have some pictures to show for it.

Much happier now I am behind a lens again! Cheers, Aveline.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for cheap watches and cameras! Enjoy the desert and travels beyond Argentina... Sophie

    ReplyDelete